Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Rosanne's Quilt

Hoped to have this one complete by Mother's Day, because my sister is the Mother of all Mothers.  Or now, the Grandmother of all Grandmothers.  She got the nurturing gene that I missed out on, and I envy her relationship with her grandchildren, but recognize that I'm Just Not That Kind of Grandma!

This may not be the prettiest quilt I've ever assembled, but I'm confident that it will carry a lot of memories for her, since it's composed exclusively from the scraps of the clothing she made for her kids in the 70's.  It was a great opportunity to fire up the Millie and try out some untested feather techniques (which will require significantly more practice), some border quilting, lots of swirly and viney stuff and - in particular - her name and the names of her grand babies, some now in their twenties!  This quilt is, after all, about the fabrics and the quilting is secondary.

I'll add some stitches to Amy Mitten  yet this evening.  Tomorrow I'm off to Judy Hasheider's Tall Grass Quilters meeting with friend Kathie, followed by (not sure about this...) some Woolie Folk Art stitchery.

Here's today's production:




 
Truly, whatever struck my fancy as I was just free handing this one.  Binding yet to come.  I think something in red.  Or maybe blue.

Done Quilting!


No comments: