Wednesday, April 17, 2019

On the first month anniversary of the first day of retirement...

Posting after midnight, but yesterday WAS the first month anniversary of the first day of my retirement, and THIS is a [somewhat loose] commitment to make a daily post to document what often seems like very little progress, despite a busy day.

Not a lot of crafty progress yesterday, but a full day nevertheless.  Breakfast with my younger daughter, and a visit with my Edward Jones advisor to begin the process of moving my retirement funds from my former employer's 401K.

In between errands, I began the BIG project of refreshing my natural hickory cabinets with a coat of mineral oil.  It's been 9 or 10 years since our remodel, and the cabinetry was begining to look a bit thirsty.

Before & After

..



I've decided that my arms and shoulders are not “up to” more than four hours of a hand-rubbed finish at a time.  Hope to finish the rest before the Easter gathering on Sunday.        

A bit of progress on Amy Mitten's Tour Van Holland this evening - the eyelet stitches for the letters H, I, K and part of L in the third alphabet:


Just a couple of rows on my spring-y socks, knitted from my own hand-painted sock blank, while waiting for my appointment this afternoon:




  
Lastly,  24 hours in the making, a couple of loaves of "fermented" sourdough bread.  Can't wait to dig in and see if these have a bit more acetic flavor than the first loaves I tried a couple of weeks ago.





No comments: