Thursday, April 18, 2019

Rosanne's Quilt, etc.

My sister gave me a stationary box full of remnants from clothing she had constructed for her kids when they were wee ones (now in their forties).  The box full of seventies poly-cotton fabrics has been marinating in my hall closet for (how long?) maybe twenty years or so - since I started quilting, and she quit.  There were several hand-pieced 6" four-patches and three 12" Ohio Stars, as well as assorted flotsam.

I'm hoping she appreciates the sentiment, as I've spent some time completing a few additional blocks which she had already cut from templates; and assembling the scraps with those she contributed.  My quick solution was to cut random strips from the red, white and blue fabrics in the box, and strip the whole thing together, making a large (60 x 80) "cuddle quilt" that she can share with her two youngest grand babies.

It's not my finest achievement, but here it rests, awaiting a finish on the Millie...



I finished oiling my kitchen cabinets this afternoon, ran some errands, and shared dinner at Kim's this evening - a weekly event.  Chicken Marsala with roasted red and sweet potatoes, accompanied by a fabulous green salad.  I treasure this weekly opportunity to spend some time with both daughters, grand babies, friend Rachel and Ed and Betty (my daughter's in-laws). It's always good company and raucous chatter.

Finished the evening, as usual, with progress on stitchery. I'm about 2/3 finished with the third alphabet in Amy Mitten's Tour Van Holland, completing both  the eyelet stitching and the satin stitch embellishments through the letter "L".



Sam's waiting for me to wake him up and move him from the chair to bed.  Tomorrow's a big day. Bella is heading to the veterinary clinic in Lomira to be bred to the dead dog.  More about this adventure, and about our fine Brittanys tomorrow.



No comments: